Let’s talk a little bit about how to edit and change content in your DIY builder and what to avoid. This is an important topic because knowing these tools will help ensure that your website build goes smoothly.
In this tutorial you'll learn how to:
- Edit Text
HOW TO EDIT TEXT:
First, choose a section that you would like to edit. In this example, we will be editing the main text in your website's main Call to Action.
When you select the text, you'll notice that it's surrounded by a red line. You'll encounter two colors: yellow and red. The yellow text means you'll need to edit the text in your Global Settings. We'll talk about your Global Settings later.
Standard Text Content (Red Box)
1. Highlight the text you'd like to change. Begin typing out your text content.
2. Complete edits and select Save Now! in the top right corner of the editor. This will save your progress.
3. Ready to publish your website? After hitting the Save button, select Publish.
Settings Linked Content (Yellow Box)
Content surrounded by a yellow box means that this content is updated with your settings.
1. To edit this type of text, select the yellow content within the yellow square.
2. Edit your text within the text box that has appeared onscreen. When you are finished, select Save and Close.
3. Remember to hit Save and Publish.
Now we'll walk through how to change an image out in your editor.
1. Select the photo that you would like to change out or edit. We will be using a standard photo from our template.
2. If you need to edit your photo, select the button Edit. If you need to change out a photo, select Open File Manager.
3. In your File Manager, you can either upload a new photo or select an existing one. In this example, we will be selecting an existing photo. SElect the existing photo you'd like to upload.
4. Don't forget to add your photo's alt-tag. An alt-tag is a label for your photo so people who are blind know what is going on in the photo.
5. When you are ready, select Apply to apply your changes.
6. Save your work!
Still need help?
No problem-o! The DIY builder’s tools are there to make it simple and quick to make changes and update your website without needing to make any adjustments within the HTML or CSS of your website. Remember to use the red editor boxes and the other tools available to make your website build easy and fun! We provide lots of resources, such as articles and walk-thru’s, to help the process go smoothly for you.
If you have any questions, concerns, or edits that we can help with please send them to http://support.digiprodiy.com/support/home. We are happy to make this process as easy as possible.